The idea is to introduce baby to some music that’s fun for the whole family. Just like Ryan is plugged into the adult music scene, I feel like Whitney is very clued into cool, alternative kids’ music. Julian has favorite songs and even signs when he wants to hear them.
I, on the other hand, feel clueless (not unlike how I am for adult music). We have started to listen to XM Kids Radio in my house and I think that’s helping. Let me count the ways:
- Something to listen to and laugh at for me.
- Something to distract young master Holden
- Something to allow me to pick him up for dancing without singing any more of my lame songs
- Another alternative to TV for mindless entertainment
- And a way to sample all the good and great kid’s music without committing to new cd’s (or visits to the Itunes store)
They play lots of current and classic kids songs… aimed for the ages of 4 to 10. It seems that even the younger set can groove and enjoy themselves (while the same is not true of baby baby music). Music includes stuff like Bill Harley, Laurie Berkner, Dan Zanes, They Might Be Giants, Justin Roberts, Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang, Ralph’s World (Julian’s favorite), Trout Fishing in America, The Baha Men, and even old Weird Al parodies that I remember from being a kid… many funny songs.
Download some tunes, buy the cd’s, or take your chances at a live show. These artists and bands are a good time.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #42: Send your mate out to jog - November 24, 2014
- The Control Freak’s Guide to packing your diaper bag - November 18, 2014
- 5 strategies to put HAPPY in your holidays - November 12, 2014