Our second in this 52-week series of weekly rookie mom challenges gets you out of the house once again.
When your baby is in a good mood (or better, sleeping!), scope out the “safe places” at your local shopping destinations where you can feed and change your baby. This will allow you to get out of the house every day and know that you don’t have to race against the clock to get back home.
Things to stake out:
- Changing tables in restrooms
- Comfy chairs for nursing
- Destinations frequented by other moms with babies in strollers or carriers
I like the children’s area of any bookstore. Find a quiet corner and a tiny chair, and pull out your boob or bottle.
Did you complete this challenge? Love it or hate it, tell us about it:
- Comment below.
- Share a picture with us on Facebook.
- Name your destination on Twitter or Instagram and use hashtag #rookiemoms.
- Or, post a link in the comments to your own blog post about this challenge.
Baby too old for this? Try Activity #164: Help a rookie mom (with all your hard-earned wisdom) Baby not yet born? Even easier! Walk through the shopping areas you know and love scoping out new mom zones you never noticed.
illustration by Amy Saidens from our book; photo credit Bethanne Arthur
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Flashback Friday: Whitney was my pregnant bridesmaid - April 18, 2014
- Activity #10: Plan a mom’s night out - April 14, 2014
- How to have the best day ever with my two-year-old - April 10, 2014