With over 100 million iPods sold as of this month, I figure most of you have one. If you have a Nano or a regular iPod (not a Shuffle) you can put pictures of your baby on your iPod and eliminate the need to carry photos. Trust me, on your iPod, photos look 80 billion times better than on your phone.
So here’s the tutorial. If you already know this, just move along, geek. I just thought I’d share because it seems to me that a large percentage of baby-owners are also digital picture-takers and iPod-listeners, and that sadly, very few pictures actually make it off of the camera.
Prerequisite: You need to be organizing your pictures in some logical way on your computer. At my house, each folder is marked with the month and year. Ideally, you do not keep every single shot you take. If you do, then you’ll want to create a new folder of just the photos you want on your iPod.
- Open iTunes
- Connect your iPod to your computer using the normal method (white USB cable)
- When the iPod icon appears in iTunes, select it from the left-hand column
- Click the Photos tab, highlighted in the screenshot above.
- Select the “Sync photos from” checkbox and choose the folder that contains the photos you want to copy from the pop-up menu.
Apple warns, “It may take a while to copy all your photos the first time you perform a sync. Subsequent syncs should take less time.”
For more iPod tips, consider this book: iPod: The Missing Manual
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Cancer is a big ugly jerk. Donate to Cycle for Survival - January 23, 2015
- Cheater’s chicken soup with picky kid variations - January 23, 2015
- Adorable and inexpensive things to hang from your child’s ceiling - January 21, 2015