Your weekly challenge is to enjoy the rainbow of colors at an outdoor plant nursery. Let her touch/listen to the wind chimes on display, tour the orchid hot-house, and watch the koi in the water garden pond (the bright-colored fish swarm up to greet kids because they expect food). A baby carrier is perfect to navigate the tight corners.
In Berkeley, I like the East Bay Nursery for its rows and rows of colorful flowers and funny butterflies. Just watch out for the bees.
Did you complete this challenge? Share your story.
- What did you buy? Comment below and let us cheer you on.
- Share a picture on instagram with #rookiemoms or Facebook.
Is your baby too old to be worn around in a baby carrier while you describe the difference between perennials and annuals? Toddlers and preschoolers are ready to “help” plant their own favorite veggies in the backyard.
Not your style? Choose a different challenge.
[Photo: Heather Flett]
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- One rookie mom’s 7 favorite apps that are not for her children - September 16, 2014
- Then I tried bribing my picky eater even harder - September 11, 2014
- Tech Tuesday: I *heart* Common sense media - September 9, 2014