Having trouble getting dinner on the table? Me too! One idea is to plan meals in advance when you have the time and brain space, then you can more easily get food to the table. It goes something like this:
- Sunday night, think about the week in meals with your family.
- Review cookbooks and magazines
- Ask friends what they’re eating
- Check the cupboards, fridge, and freezer
- Write down a week in meals
- The day of, make sure you have what you need when time is not tight
- Whichever parent is not actively feeding and putting baby to bed can make the dinner you’ve planned