Is that an expression? Well, if button up is… I figured I could use it.
Anyway, when Holden was a few days old, Alec tried to give him is first manicure. This innocent ritual ended with snipping off the end of his little thumb and us putting mittens on him for the next three weeks.
Five good reasons for baby mittens:
- Babies won’t scratch their little faces unwittingly
- You can avoid trimming those razor-sharp talons or avoid looking at where you snipped your precious baby’s finger already (for a little while only)
- You could be seriously entertained by your choice of handwear
- Cootie-laden strangers won’t grab your babies hands
Holden wore some mittens that made him look like a court jester. You can go that route or the uber-cool, hipster, tattoo-hands route. Buy some plain ones and experiment with your own style.
[Link and image via BloggingBaby]
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- The Control Freak’s Guide to packing your diaper bag - November 18, 2014
- 5 strategies to put HAPPY in your holidays - November 12, 2014
- Activity #40: Throw an Inside-Outside party - November 10, 2014