The last baby shower I went to, I bought up all the medicine cabinet necessities from our “dream baby registry” and put them in a multi-purpose laundry basket. Useful: yes. Adorable: not really.
In the interest of full disclosure, I’ve never seen a diaper cake in real life. After reading about how to make this cool boozy diaper cake on alphamom, I’m sad I’ve missed out on this ritual and I hope I get a chance to build one soon.
If you’re looking for a clever shower gift that will totally impress people and be hecka useful, I suggest this (and the Rookie Mom’s Handbook of course!).
- Bottle of champagne (or 6 bottles of Guinness)
- Serving platter or heavy cardboard
- Size one diapers, it’s the filling of your cake
- A whole bag of elastic bands
- White tissue paper
- Fancy decorative ribbon
For the instructions, you must read the whole photographed tutorial on Alphamom, I can’t do it justice!
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- 9 Favorite clutter-free gifts - December 19, 2014
- When we gave each other nothing more than ideas for Christmas - December 16, 2014
- Activity #45: Do what YOU want to do - December 15, 2014