Yes, it’s time for me to put the diapers where my mouth is — eww! — and host my own diaper drive. This morning I dropped off a big box at my child’s preschool with some signage. You could also do it in your front yard (like Whitney did) or mostly online (like Wendy did). In any case, I want to do it BIG. I want to help my local diaper bank, Help a Mother Out (HAMO), with a 2500 diaper donation. It’s a pretty lofty goal, but I figure I should aim high.
If you want to donate to my diaper drive for HAMO helping Bay Area moms, you can make a cash donation through Network for Good. If you want to try diaper driving yourself, I highly encourage it. Share your story in the comments!
I downloaded the signs here:
- Announcement signs to stick in the sign-in binder and around the school.
- Drop diapers here sign for the box.
- Diaper stack thermometer to track against my goal.
- Tips and instructions can be found in the every little bottom toolkit
Related Rookie Moms Posts:
Donate to HAMO via Network for Good.
Disclosure: I am an ambassador for Huggies Every Little Bottom campaign to diaper all babies in need. They asked me to spread the word on this issue and here I am spreading it. Now pass it on and collect some diapers. Thanks!
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #42: Send your mate out to jog - November 24, 2014
- The Control Freak’s Guide to packing your diaper bag - November 18, 2014
- 5 strategies to put HAPPY in your holidays - November 12, 2014