This week’s challenge is a summery activity for babies that can sit up on their own; this is your 34th challenge.
These ten-month olds (Theo, Del, Julian and Paxton) are having so much fun slurping on plastic toys and touching one another’s toes that they don’t realize their moms are having fun too.
Ingredients for a successful Margarita Mommies Group:
- Shady backyard on a nice, warm day
- Kiddie Pool with a couple inches of water
- Mom-sized lawn chairs with toes dipping in the water
- Plastic pitcher of margaritas with plastic cups — or lemonade for moms who are pregnant or need to drive home.
- Splashing babies (diapers optional) — keep them in the shade or slather heavily with sunscreen before the party starts!
- Daddies available to pick up mommy and baby afterward
This was suggested by my hairdresser as an awesome way to enjoy the warm days. If its getting too chilly for swim diapers and cocktails, this activity can be modified to be an indoor playdate, of course, with a wide open living room floor with a few toys on a blanket. (See also Start your own Breakfast Club)
Did you complete this challenge? Share your story and pictures.
- Comment below with details.
- Share a picture with us on Facebook.
- Tweet or Instagram in our general direction @rookiemoms #rookiemoms
Do you hate this challenge? Yeah, we’ve heard that one before. Go on, tell us why you hate it in our comments. Then pick another activity from our challenge list.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- The gift I want to give every new mom: FOOD! - October 21, 2014
- Observing the lasts of parenting is trickier than the firsts - October 15, 2014
- Happy 9 Year Blogiversary! - October 12, 2014