We are so happy to tell you that we have partnered with Amy McCready’s company Positive Parenting Solutions to bring a free webinar to you guys on the topic of getting kids to listen – without nagging or yelling. The format includes Amy presenting material and a live chat session where we can all ask questions in real time.
We have taken a similar online parenting class with Amy in the past and both really enjoyed it. The last time, we were sitting in a web-enabled playspace — the day before I gave birth to Sawyer — watching Scarlett and Milo go crazy in a day-glo foam pit, so it is time for a refresher course. Each time, I feel empowered with new ideas for positive discipline solutions (and a commitment to stop yelling completely. Ahem.).
- why kids really misbehave — it’s probably not what you think!
- how your personality may actually fuel misbehavior
- the 5 R’s of Fair & Effective Consequences so kids listen the first time you ask
- training resources to reduce your parenting stress & stop nagging, reminding & yelling
Here’s how the webinar works:
- Sign up here to be reminded when it’s about to start.
- Sit in front of your computer to watch and listen to the presentation.
- Come as you are; no one will see you.
- Type questions whenever you have them and Amy will respond when possible.
Whitney and I will be in on the class as well, asking questions alongside you.
+++ Taking the class is free to you; Amy offers deeper courses for a fee if you’re interested. We have an affiliate relationship with Positive Parenting Solutions.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #38: Take a sensory tour around the block - October 27, 2014
- The gift I want to give every new mom: FOOD! - October 21, 2014
- Observing the lasts of parenting is trickier than the firsts - October 15, 2014