This is me in my bedroom in high school. I’d guess it’s 1990.
I had my own telephone line, on which I spent a lot of time. Do you see my answering machine? All my friends had a kids’ line in their house and an answering machine. Spoiled!
Other bits of awesome in this photo:
- The porcelain face/tissue dispenser on the bottom shelf. Kleenex came out through the mouth. My friends loved this.
- I slept on a futon. We’re weird in California. What can I say?
- Scrunchy in my hair. I probably made it with my friend Marika on her mom’s ancient sewing machine out of fabric we bought at Salvation Army. If there had been blogging back then, she and I would have had an awesome DIY one.
- Cassette tape on the floor. Probably a homemade mix.
- It looks to me like I’m studying for the SAT. On the phone, natch.
- Wrestling shoes by Asics. Weird trend, yes, but I rocked them.
- The poster on the wall of three toddlers, a boy kissing a girl as a jealous girl looks on. A nice gift from my high school boyfriend, that turned ironic when he turned 20 and left me for another girl. I hated the picture after that. Obviously.
What you can’t see: a list of “baby names” on my bulletin board, proclaiming all the first and middle names I would be bestowing on my future children. My best friend’s list was there, too. She’s got three kids and I’ve got two, and I don’t think we used a single one of our then-favorites.
Thoughts? Do you miss your answering machine? Did you use the baby names you came up with in high school?
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Baby shower game for hostesses who aren’t crafty - April 23, 2014
- Tech Tuesday: Clever home screen for people who are likely to lose their phones - April 22, 2014
- Activity #11: Interrupt someone’s work day - April 21, 2014