Simple, cheap, healthy baby food nominee of the month: pumpkin.
The fall fruits and vegetables provide a ton of great choices for easy baby food. With all the whipping and mashing, we are pretty much all eating baby food this time of year. One of my favorite go-to, easy peasy options is pumpkin. Just open a can of organic pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix) and voila: baby food!
If you or your baby turn up your nose at this simple suggestion, here are a few embellishments:
- Cinnamon. Sprinkle on cinnamon. Feed to baby. Done. (still too easy?)
- Yogurt. Stir in 2 parts plain high-fat yogurt to with 1 part pumpkin to make more of a custard. Done.
- Applesauce. Mix with an equal part applesauce. Done.
Do you have any more simple pumpkin baby food recipes? And by simple, I’m capping you at 3 ingredients.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- The Control Freak’s Guide to packing your diaper bag - November 18, 2014
- 5 strategies to put HAPPY in your holidays - November 12, 2014
- Activity #40: Throw an Inside-Outside party - November 10, 2014