Whitney ran into my friend Jeanine outside her house. Jeanine was helping her 9-month old daughter, Pepper, touch some furry lavender sticking out from Whitney’s garden, and didn’t realize whose house it was. The girls had been going on a sensory tour of the neighborhood.
- Stop and smell the flowers.
- Lean in so your baby can touch a fuzzy leaf.
- Look at the bright colors and shadows.
- Step on crunchy leaves and sticks, rustle paper or candy wrappers (err, I mean Luna Bar).
- Are you eating or drinking something your baby can share? Squeezable applesauce maybe?
This is your 38th challenge. This baby tour of your block is great preparation for walking with a toddler.
Share your experiences in the comments.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #30: Stumble into a family-friendly pub - September 1, 2014
- Sawyer’s third birthday party: Bubbles on a budget - August 28, 2014
- Activity #291: Let your baby ride the family pet - August 22, 2014