Whitney ran into my friend Jeanine outside her house. Jeanine was helping her 9-month old daughter, Pepper, touch some furry lavender sticking out from Whitney’s garden, and didn’t realize whose house it was. The girls had been going on a sensory tour of the neighborhood.
Try it yourself to keep the neighborhood walks interesting (for you!):
- Stop and smell the flowers.
- Lean in so your baby can touch a fuzzy leaf.
- Look at the bright colors and shadows.
- Step on crunchy leaves and sticks, rustle paper or candy wrappers (err, I mean Luna Bar).
- Are you eating or drinking something your baby can share? A green smoothie?
This is your 38th challenge. This baby tour of your block is great preparation for walking with a toddler.
Did you complete this challenge? Use any of these methods to tell us about it:
- Comment below.
- Share a picture with us on Facebook.
- Name your destination on Twitter or Instagram and use hashtag #rookiemoms.
- Or, post a link in the comments to your own blog post about this challenge.
Want to save this idea for later? Dude, you should so pin this!
[Photo credit: Lovely Olivia, all rights reserved]