Angela White of A Nice Cup of Lizard has tagged me to join in the “8 Random Facts About Me” meme. I asked her for an extension immediately since I have a tiny baby to take care of, but since both my kids are asleep right now, it turns out I have time to write.
First, the Rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
And now… my facts:
1) My parents have been divorced since before I can remember. My dad remarried when I was four years old. Everyone is amicable and my mom is quite friendly with both my stepmother’s parents and with my half-sister (on my dad’s side, no relation to my mother).
2) I am co-writing a book, due out in April 2008. Writing with a partner has been surprisingly easy.
3) In 2000, I did the California AIDS ride, traveling by bicycle from San Francisco to Los Angeles in seven days. This was somewhat of a victory trip for me as I attempted the same trip in 1991 but fell off my bike and broke my elbow within the first hour of the journey.
4) In 1999, my boyfriend, now husband, and I took six weeks off from work and drove my Volvo station wagon around the country in a loop, just for fun. We kept a website documenting our travels, which required us to get our pictures developed along the way and bring a scanner and laptop on the trip.
5) I love mangoes.
6) I went to junior high with Leonardo DiCaprio.
7) I had my first baby via cesarean section and my second via la vagina. For those of you who landed on this web page for the wrong reasons, this event (achievement?) is known as VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean).
Number Eight: I can walk on my hands and do cartwheels on both sides.
And I tag you: