I got a job. And I like it. And that makes me nervous. Because it could all go away.
Let me tell you a few things:
- Being at work is easier than being at home with a baby (or two babies) almost all of the time.
- Working and also getting all the home stuff done and spending enough time with said babies is actually quite challenging.
- Finding a job with a flexible schedule paying enough money to make childcare feasible is super hard — without even factoring in whether or not it is a job worth having.
- And finding a job worth having with a flexible schedule, enough money, that’s close to home and preschool with a life partner like Alec to balance the home stuff and BFF/LLP site partner like Whitney to keep the rookiemoms rolling along — well, that’s like getting a baby to sleep through the night all the time — you don’t want to talk about it and jinx yourself!
Since Holden was born two and half years ago, I have had several combinations of free-lance and part-time gigs. This is the first one I’m really excited about though. So wish me luck and go buy a bunch of TasteBooks to keep me in business. Thanks!
This bumps these two things off my list.
98. Update my resume
99. Get a job I like
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #10: Plan a mom’s night out - April 14, 2014
- How to have the best day ever with my two-year-old - April 10, 2014
- How I taught my children to go to bed and stay there - April 2, 2014