Clutter-free gifts for all your best girlfriends
- Chocolate! Charles Chocolate (E-ville local!) calls their monthly club the PMS assortment while Vosges (inventors of the bacon chocolate bar) call theirs the Lunar chocolate (truffle) of the month club. Yes please.
- Challenges: “the gift of experience” provides inspired customized challenges for a new year (perfect for list-makers like us).
- Adventure: A service called MyPunchbowl offers hot air balloon rides, puppy parties, and antique fire engine tours. Invent an adventure (or just book something fabulous with them). I haven’t tried it yet, but I would be happy to get this in my stocking [hint!].
- Spa: pedicure, massage, facial, scrub, anything but a body wrap!
- One-time class: a new type of yoga, beer-making, knife skills. Whitney would like a class at The Paper Source.
- Wine tasting: if you live near Napa or Sonoma, make an afternoon of it. Otherwise, bring the wine party to her!
- Tickets to a show: take her to a show, concert, or just a movie. Tickets in an envelope are so exciting.
- Lift tickets: Promise to take a snow day together.
- Your time: be her challenge buddy (“let’s run a 5k” or “lets walk every Tuesday to the cafe roundtrip”).
- iTunes Credit: provide the credit and bring the ice cream for girls night in with shows like Mad Men or Friday Night Lights.
- Coolness: help her stay current and discover new bands with an emusic subscription.
- Kindness: Sponsor a goat or flock of chicks from Heifer International; help children and families around the world receive training and animal gifts that help them become self-reliant. No livestock will come to your door.
Clutter-free gifts for another rookie mom
- Babysitting swap: but you have to really do it, not just say you will.
- Excellent Family Photos: Offer a gift card from your local photographer for a professional family portrait (tip from The Organizing Diva). We love ErinLeigh in the East Bay, who took the picture of us above.
- Food delivery: Fill her entire freezer or bring over dinner for tonight. Create a DIY kit (like dry cookie ingredients in a jar or fresh pesto with a bundle of dry pasta and parmesan) or hire a fancy food delivery service (like Cook SF).
- Hug coupons. Ok, I’m kidding. But if you can score “no whining” coupons from your toddler, those would be priceless!
A few words on shopping for your wife
She might actually like clutter. And she probably doesn’t want to stuff her own stocking. If so, you can check out a list of our best ideas for gifts that are things.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #42: Send your mate out to jog - November 24, 2014
- The Control Freak’s Guide to packing your diaper bag - November 18, 2014
- 5 strategies to put HAPPY in your holidays - November 12, 2014