Looking for that perfect handmade gift without all the handmade effort? If you’re not like the crazy Berkeley chicks in my book club combing the second hand stores (like all of them) to buy old wool sweaters in order to make their own felt… then read on.
TasteBook lets you build a personal cookbook combining your favorite recipes (and photos) with magazine and cooking site recipes. You choose the cover, invent the title, customize as much as you’d like and voila: a professional-looking cookbook with only the stuff you actually like!
I carefully assembled The Rookie Mom’s TasteBook to combine:
- my favorite go-to family meals that can be made with a baby on hip
- some sneak-away naptime treats (usually in the form of special hot chocolate and trashy TV)
- a few recipes from Whitney’s arsenal of super picky kid faves
- some reader recipes that passed our in-home tests (one-handed nursing mama meatballs — check! organic toddler food — check!)
- and a few great sounding (and great looking!) recipes from sites like Simply Recipes and 101 Cookbooks for kicks.
As a last minute gift
You can buy our TasteBook as is and give it to a rookie mom with love. Boom. Done. Or you can take some time to add a few more of your personal recipes and personal touches.
The last day to order for Christmas with regular shipping is Friday 12/12 but gift certificates are available until the last second.
Win it: TasteBook has agreed to give one lucky reader a free TasteBook and free shipping. Choose ours or make your own. Leave a comment on which TasteBook you’d like to have by Friday 12/12. Winner will be notified on 12/13.
Full disclosure: I used to work for TasteBook. It was my total dream job of close to home, flexible hours, and a super fun product. Please support this business with your holiday dollars.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Tech Tuesday: How I get out the door faster with Shoe Time Music - July 29, 2014
- Activity #25: Host an ugly baby (clothes) contest - July 28, 2014
- Star Wars birthday party ideas on a budget - July 25, 2014