By the time my first baby was 10 weeks old, I had not exercised for about 6 months. Baby Bootcamp was my re-introduction to sweating and I loved it. I was not a gym-goer in my normal life, and Baby Bootcamp was perfect for me. Here’s why:
- Exercising in the company of other sleep-deprived, temporarily overweight, leaky-breasted women is more fun.
- It was no problem that I walked the course rather than ran it much of the time. I had many excuses lined up for not running (all of which are somewhat valid and mostly shared by other participants).
- Stopping to deal with my fussy baby was totally expected. Everyone had to stop at some point.
- It got me out of the house to do something good for myself and enjoy the outdoors.
This is our 23rd Rookie Mom challenge. Not ready for it? Go back and pick an easier one.
Once you’ve got the hang of it, you can invite your partner and show him or her how awesome and athletic you are. The other parent and grandparents can tag along for free.
Did you complete this challenge? Share your story.
- Comment below and spill the details.
- Share a picture with us on Facebook.
- Tag a tweet or instagram of your experience with #rookiemoms
[photo: Whitney Mattocks]
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Things to do with toddlers before they turn two - October 22, 2014
- Activity #37: Meow, bark and tweet at the pet store - October 20, 2014
- 7 Ideas For Mom and Baby Halloween Costumes - October 16, 2014