Yep, Alec is back at work. This means:
- I’m alone on night-time duty after being spoiled with catching up on 16 episodes of Heroes and several dvd’s together.
- I have to learn his super tight swaddle and shooshing technique — I think I can I think I can
- He’s back to earning money so we can maintain Holden’s parttime childcare situation
- I’m wearing this baby. A lot.
- There’s a lot more tears… counting Holden, the nanny, his nanny-share buddy, me, and Milo, there was a time this morning when four out of five of us were in tears.
- I am feeling like a total rookie.
- I miss Whitney so much. Oh, and sleep. I miss sleep. And I miss Alec.
- And I’m eating lukewarm lasagne over the baby’s head while he’s in a Bjorn and finally sitting down to the computer at noon. Is this breakfast?
So, for those of you offering tips on managing a newborn and a toddler… I’m all ears. I’m on duty for that pleasure after Holden’s nap.