We love baby carriers to keep parents’ hands-free. Period. But there’s something about a second (or subsequent) baby that takes things up a notch.
Not only should the baby be held securely by the chosen device but also:
- … a toddler may need to be chased, wrestled, diaper-changed, or strolled.
- … the carrier should be easy to wear and FAST to put on.
- … Daddy is more likely to wear it this time.
With that in mind, we asked our rookie moms facebook group, “What carrier do your recommend for baby #2 so you can be hands-free while chasing your toddler?” By far, the favorite answer was Dad followed closely by Nanny and Another Parent. Ha!
Other favorite carriers for not-so-rookie moms include:
- The ERGObaby Baby Carrier (I used this a LOT with baby #3)
- The Moby Wrap (I used my DIY version Moby a LOT with the early months of baby #2)
- The Boba Baby 3G Carrier (new to me, I can’t wait to learn more!)
- The Beco Baby Gemini Carrier (also new to me)
What carrier do your recommend for baby #2 so you can be hands-free while chasing your toddler?
[Photo of Rookie Dad Prince William by Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images]
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #42: Send your mate out to jog - November 24, 2014
- The Control Freak’s Guide to packing your diaper bag - November 18, 2014
- 5 strategies to put HAPPY in your holidays - November 12, 2014