WIN 4 TIX TO Walking with Dinosaurs. Details below.
This Christmas, with a three and a half year old Holden and a one and a half year Milo, we are not traveling and not hosting family. Weird and wonderful? It’s time for me and Alec to step up and figure out what holidays look like in our house and I’m pretty darn excited.
We are inventing our own traditions and trying to figure out whether Santa wraps presents in newsprint or not at all (I think he does not!) and whether he gives the good stuff (I think he gives one odd-shaped gift for each kid). We already had our big Hannukah party last week (and have been eating latkes with every meal since) and this week is pretty well planned out:
- Tonight: Holiday Lights Carousel ride at Tilden Park with Santa visit
- Tuesday: Zoo lights tour
- Wednesday: Baking cookies with H, prime rib for the four of us, open up matching jammies, and put stuff out for Santa C.
- Christmas Day: Open stocking gifts, play with new toys, lounge around all day. Maybe I make a special breakfast? That seems like something I should do.
- Boxing Day: Take the boys to see/experience Walking with Dinosaurs in San Jose if I can convince myself to keep them up an extra 3 hours at night. hmmm.
If you live in any of the following cities, you can win your own tickets to Walk with Dinosaurs by commenting below. Tell us your city and (optional) a quirky holiday tradition of your own. The San Jose contest ends TONIGHT and we’ll choose a winner for the others on 12/28.
All tickets are for opening night so only enter if you can go then:
12.26 HP Pavilion, San Jose (or buy at 10% off with CODE: SJROAR )
12.31.08 San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego (or buy at 10% off)
1.07.09 Idaho Center Arena, Nampa (or buy at 10% off)
1.14.09 Energy Solutions Arena, Salt Lake City (or buy at 10% off)
1.21.09 Ford Center, Oklahoma City (or buy at 10% off)
We’re also reading Santasaurus and wearing matching dino jammies for Xmas Eve.
Voila… just like Whitney suggested, customize your holiday with dinosaurs.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- The gift I want to give every new mom: FOOD! - October 21, 2014
- Observing the lasts of parenting is trickier than the firsts - October 15, 2014
- Happy 9 Year Blogiversary! - October 12, 2014