Thanks to Trop50 for sponsoring my writing about fabulous bloggers. This year Trop50 is granting 50 Fabulous Wishes. Click here to enter for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous!
When I first agreed to share a short list of fabulous bloggers for this program, I thought it sounded so easy. I have a Google Reader full of blogs I love to browse. But I felt a little bit embarrassed at the prospect of gushing, in a public way, over someone who doesn’t know I’m alive. Then I feared it was too much of a jumble. Not everyone cares about the craft blogs I pour over, or the blog “industry” blogs. I thought about highlighting other dynamic duos, in a tribute to my amazing partnership with Heather. Or other folks who have inspired or influenced us.
All of this brainstorming and procrastination was in an effort to say something new, to avoid talking about the same resources over and over again. But I keep coming back to the idea of “fabulous” and for me, fabulous means it fits me just right. Fabulous feels good every time. So I bring you my list of fabulous bloggers, all of whom keep it real in a way that draws me right in. If a feed reader could hold only five feeds, these are the ones I’d keep. (Is that the blogger’s equivalent of the stranded on a desert island dilemma?)
In no particular order, I encourage you to browse my Internet heroes at:
1. The Happiest Mom. Page after page of thought provoking discussions about motherhood, home, balance, and managing expectations of oneself. Author Meagan Francis is both sensible and sensitive, and her book, The Happiest Mom is a must-have for all moms.
2. Parent Hacks. Another blog with sincere intentions to help parents problem solve, Parent Hacks can be navigated by topic and age, but is also simply fun to read through. Asha Dornfest is a fellow old-timer in the parenting blogosphere and we are all lucky to have her here.
3. Wendolonia. Prepare to be impressed when you see the lunches Wendy prepares for her boys. In between documenting her fun with bento boxes, she shares her vivid pictures of real life with two little boys and one little house. Wendy’s creativity is inspiring and even if your baby is not old enough to eat, you may want to imitate her lunchbox art for yourself.
4. Prudent Baby. Craftastic projects for moms who sew. I eat this blog up like dulce de leche ice cream. Jaime and Jacinda share step-by-step instructions for using tools that make everything look Martha Stewart-dreamy.
5. Ain’t No Mom Jeans. What to wear? Shana and friends will tell you, from mom-friendly shoes to date night ensembles to which bathing suits will complement a postpartum bod.
Don’t forget to enter the 50 Fabulous Wishes contest for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous. I was selected for this Tropicana Trop50 sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do. I received compensation for this post (but not from the folks to whom I just introduced you!)